A Night Swim...



Last night we attended

 a barbecue/pool party with some long time friends

The temperature here is about 38 degrees C 

or about 100 degrees F

with a ridiculously high humidex

We are all sweating, don't get me wrong

it is a heck of a lot better 

than shoveling the white stuff, for me anyway

A great time was had by all

 so wonderful to get together 

share laughs and hugs and just be

I jumped in the pool 

shortly after we arrived 

as I am the designated Photog

I wanted to cool off before 

the real festivities began

and I could do my thing

The water was spectacular

85 degrees yet still refreshing










What I had totally forgotten about swimming was the pleasure that I received from a swim once the sun has gone down.  Most of the adults will only go into the pool to cool off 
when it is daylight.  

I love to wait until most of the younger set have left the pool and I can be alone, at peace...as alone as you can be with 30 people 20 feet from you.  

I am most free in the water and completely lose myself to the freedom of floating and swimming under the surface with only the light of the moon to guide you.  The sound of the water just beside your ears because the night is ever so hushed. The way the light reflects when the water moves...incredible.

As I am fairly self conscious in my daily life just walking around, I am at complete ease under the safe blanket of water. Somersaults and handstands, swimming lengths and doing backflips...oh my goodness, I was in heaven.  

When was the last time that you swam under the watchful eye of the man in the moon?

~~

Happy Sunday
Peace & Hugs

Nerina
xOxO


Comments

  1. Sweet girl... I've missed you too!

    Well.... it's 63 degrees here right now.... I've been freezing all day long.... so a toasty day doesn't sound all that bad to me. We're expecting cool weather all week.... well, and RAIN too. Crummers.

    So, in light of the fact that we generally only have a few really hot days a year, virtually no one has a pool.... I'd love to be able to swim. The Dr.s always say it would be the best exercise for me.... I'm not a huge fan of public pools either....

    Glad you had an opportunity to cool of so you could take great photos....

    xoxoxo
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my mermaid friend! Oh, yes, I love swimming at night. I like it when it's totally dark outside and we turn on the pool light . . .

    xxoo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a difference...it has been cool and wet here all summer long.
    We just got back from California and miss the warmth..but it wasn't even that hot down there. Stay cool my sweet friend. xoxo

    Thanks for all your lovely comments you leave me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a splendid job of painting that visual. Quite eloquent, Narina. I never heard "Adult Swim" put quite so descriptively. I was hoping to see photos. But your words far exceeded any need for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN. SWIMMING, FRIENDS BBQ, HEY WHEN ARE YOU GONNA POST AGAIN WE MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like an eventful day :) Great post. I'll be checking your blog out more often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a message. Your comments and emails truly make my day fantastic, thanks for stopping by, see you again soon:)

Popular Posts